The Avid Seamstress team have created an exciting collection of workshops that will inspire your creative side. We’ve been busy collaborating with a range of artists so that we can offer fun, imaginative and artistic workshops for you to join. However, to make this happen it requires a substantial amount of preparation and organisation with our external class tutors. Therefore, to help us run these wonderful workshops in the best way possible please read the following workshop policy.
To see the location and how to get to our beautiful new studio - click here
How to register for a workshop.
- Joining our workshops is easy. Simply view our workshops here, select the one you love and click purchase to book your space.
- Each workshop “product” on our site will provide you with the relevant information, including teacher, duration and what equipment will be provided or what you need to bring.
- Some of the workshops will have additional dates that you can select using a dropdown menu.
- Some of the workshops will link directly to the teachers website so that they can manage the attendance for the workshop. Any terms & conditions on their website are applicable and we cannot be responsible for any liability once clicked out of our website.
- We require full payment at the time of booking in order to reserve your spot.
- Once you have completed the order, you’ll receive an email notification with your order number. Should you have any queries, please always refer to your order number and contact us at email@example.com
- Should you book directly with the teacher via an external website, please contact them with any queries.
- We will confirm the workshop one week before the workshop date via email. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so that you don’t miss any of these emails.
- Should you have booked via one of our teachers websites, they will confirm the workshop one week prior to the date.
If you need any more information before booking, please contact email@example.com
The materials and tools needed for each workshop varies, so please refer to the course description. We’ll send you a list of the supplies you’ll need to bring, if anything.
Our workshops require a lot of planning and organising. We need to order supplies and tools, book and commit to paying our wonderful instructors.
To be fair to everyone booking on a workshop, we are unable to make exceptions to our policy.
I’ve booked a workshop, when will it be confirmed?
- Workshops are confirmed, via email, 1 week before the workshop date.
- If you are unable to attend after the workshop has been confirmed please note:
- We will be not be able to offer a refund.
- Your place can be transferred to a family member/friend but do let us know in advance if you wish to do this, providing their contact details.
- Should we cancel a workshop that is within the 1 week confirmation period, we will give you as much notice as possible and offer you either a full refund or an opportunity to swap your booking to another date, if available.
- If you are transferred to a new workshop date either by your request or because we had to cancel your original booking, these policies apply to the new booking.
What if I want to cancel before the 1 week cut off?
- If you register for a class and are unable to attend, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible. We will provide a gift voucher for the same value of the workshop minus 10%.
- If you are transferred to a new class date either by your request or because we had to cancel your original booking, these policies apply to the new booking. This means that if we have to cancel a class that you are booked onto and you confirm that you’d like to move to a new date rather than taking a refund, you cannot request a refund at a later date.
Classes start promptly. Please don't be late. Please ensure you know how to get to our studio before the workshop date.
You are welcome to come into the workshop space 15 minutes before the start but not earlier to allow the teachers to set up.
To avoid disruption and fairness of other paying students, we cannot delay the start time or go over what you have missed if you do not arrive on time.
If you arrive more than 20 minutes late you will not be able to take part in the workshop and you will not be able to move to another class or receive a refund.
Our liability is only for the cost of the workshop. If the workshop is cancelled students are liable for any costs incurred including any materials purchased in advance or pre-booked travel and accommodation.
We are not liable for any accidents or injuries that may occur whilst you are in the workshop and in our property.
We reserve the right to alter our pricing at any time and the prices are current at the time of booking.
The products, designs and materials are for private use only and cannot be used to make garments/products for sale or trade.
By viewing our website or placing an order you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions (link).
Please see our Covid-19 policy here